Thursday, October 7, 2010


"Fall Six Times.. and Stand Up Seven."
"Why Do We Fall? So We Can Pick Ourselves Back Up Again."

I have heard these two quotes just recently in the last couple of days. The first one from my little brother and the second one from my older sister. Man I've just got great examples all around me don't I? I love hearing these quotes and they make me feel stronger. But that's not the reason why I'm quoting them. I'm quoting them because of this little girl:

Katelyn is definitely not afraid of a challenge. Ever since she was very little I could tell she was a mover. She did not want to stay in one place at a time. So she has taken on each challenge: rolling, crawling, standing up on things, and now.. that first step, and she has conquered all of them. She is walking!

I feel like those quotes describe her exactly. She might fall, she might get a little hurt, but that just means she's going to pick herself back up again. It's so funny to see her cruising along the couch and then just suddenly let go and take off across the living room walking. 


She has fallen down. And she has fallen hard. 
Sad, I know :(

But, she wasn't afraid to try again and pick herself back up. And now she has become so good at walking.

I guess I better tell the story of that big, sad, ouchie up there. I took her to the park and we were walking on the sidewalk to the park. She was holding my finger and doing so well. I guess she thought she was a little MORE than ready to walk on her own and literally threw my hand away and started running. Soon after of course she fell right on her knees before I could grab her. :( She cried for a little, but when I picked her up she wanted to keep on walking. I didn't let her, of course, and our park time was cut to NO park time so we could go home and wash up that ugly old scratch. 

She was so cute when I was washing it. She didn't make a peep, but you know how when we clean up little kids scratches and they make a fist or clench their teeth and make like a deep inhale gasp? It kind of sounded like when I ran the water over her knee she made this little inhale gasp like oooouuussh.

Anyways, she is doing a really good job at walking. Especially at home. She walks all over the place. When we are in public I still won't let her walk, and when we are at other people's homes I think she gets a little scared and still doesn't do too well. She has a long ways to go before I completely let her walk on her own, but she definitely has got it down around our house.

Here are a few pics I took of her today walking:


3 comments:

The Walsers said...

I like her red shirt :) In all the pictures her hands are up, is that how she walks? Like Frankenstein? Haha, just kidding. Such a little cutie :)

ikeandpops said...

CUTE! hey Dana, i's missin ya right now :(

Nick & Dana said...

ooh i'm missin I too! :( can't wait to see ya buddy! Hahah yeah Lu she does walk like that. It's how she keeps her balance. It's so funny haha